View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
shifty
Questionable

Re: HOWTO: Great electric fan setup!

The fans come with flush-mount tabs as shown in the pictures below - they slide right into the fan.

As recommended by Wes, I bought the rubber grommets above to cut down on vibration. ¼" grommets are a perfect fit and pop right in. Anything larger than 5/16" was too big.

Insert grommets in the 8 fan mount provisions (pictured below).

Insert the 4 flush-mount fan tabs into each fan you're using.

Be sure to think about where you will be routing your wires BEFORE you mount the fans. Will you go along the bottom of the core support, or will you try to tie into the existing wire run across the top of the core support? Think about this before you bolt up the fans

Place the fan on the shroud and line it up. From the bottom up, I mounted things up like this:

nut
washer
fan flush-mount clip
shroud/grommet
washer
bolt head

I chose to use washers so the bolt wouldn't pull through the grommet on the bottom or the clip on the top. I chose the stop nuts because they tend to not come loose with vibration, and I didn't feel like using lockwashers. I chose to fit the bolt with the head closest to the radiator to leave the least possible amount of bolt protruding into the radiator. Obviously, you can do this any way you want.

Either way, complete bolting the fans to the shroud and proceed.

Pictures of my completed setup are attached.
Attached Images

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.