View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #69
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: HOW TO: Install HID Lighting & HID lighting explained

Ok....so, no links-got it.
Well then allow me:

Using parts store relays, terminals and wire you can put together a headlight relay kit for about $20-25. Does this work? Sure-imo for stock halogens with a noticeable improvement over sending voltage through the factory headlight switch.

Do most people like the option of a headlight kit to allow for higher wattage bulbs or aftermarket housing with H4 or equivalent bulbs? Yes, they do I would say. Well most people such as I and Dave at Hollister suggest using ceramic plugs to withstand the potential of extra heat that the oem's never intended. And, there's an increase in amperage demand consequently.

So, where do you get SXL or GXL rated underhood wiring? Not at a parts store. Where do you find ceramic headlight plugs for both high and low beam? Again not at a parts store.

So even online you'll average $10 apiece for headlight plugs not including shipping and related parts to make it work. So from a shear cost standpoint, I called you out. $20-25 relay kits work, but arent optimal. But if have a source for $2 ceramic plugs, I'm all ears.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote