View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 02:44 AM   #17
mr48chev

Re: Any suggestions on a tire size

[QUOTE=bobdavis2010;8009916]I think I'll have to look for a 15" set any suggestions
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE

Bob it's what you like and what your wallet can swing not what we like.

We have have the whole spectrum of truck budgets on here and different guys have different ideas on wheels.

Some of the inexpensive new wheels at the tire store look like and are trailer wheels like what you see on the lawn mower dude's trailer running around town and while they are strong they scream "my owner is cheap and doesn't have a clue" when they are on a truck running around town. Still there are wheels that don't break the bank and look great. That set that someone posted off craigslist at 250 wasn't a bad deal and would rock on that truck. You can probably get half of that back off the 14 inchers and maybe more.
A 6 lug favorite of mine and many is the mid 70's 4x4 rally wheels that came on K10 or Blazers. 15x8 and they can usually still be found fairly reasonable and they always look great on a TF truck that isn't a wild custom.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote