Thread: Herd immunity
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 05:07 PM   #46
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Re: Herd immunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
If your stick isn't on the ice then you're not in the game. How about keep your feet on the mat. How does that sound? I enjoyed seeing the blue truck. Soon as I saw it I started thinking how someone found a silver lining behind this cloud, is making lemonade out of lemons, or choose your cliche. Then you had to go and ruin it all with "freaking out" over this virus and getting everyone all riled up! SERIOUSLY!! I am absolutely kidding about that last part!!!! (gulp?)

I want to come up with some good diversionary (to current events) threads while we're all in this boat together.
Oh I’m still in the game. At least up until January was drilling some stand up with an old, young friend. Probably should had said rollin with the punches.
Going with the flow and flowing with the go is basically using your opponents strength against them.
The new normal has randori and sparring put on a hold, at least until the dojo opens back up.

On a sad note a man instrumental in having huge impact in the dojo/school that I’ve been a student of for years had passed away a few weeks ago.
Sensei Jim “ronin” Harrison. He was well known and respected in martial arts.
Josh Barnett studied judo from Mr. Harrison.
Here’s a picture of Sensei Boggs, me and Sensei Harrison. Circa 2009.
After that seminar I was asked to give Mr. Harrison a ride to the airport.
I owned a 1970 Chevy pickup back then. He commented on how nice the truck was.
Attached Images

Last edited by kingsolver72; 04-01-2020 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote