View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #19
AsianBlazer

Smile Re: weekend purchase

Thanks again for all the comments guys, working on getting it over to a lift for some underneath pictures for all of you. The reason there is no chrome is my dad's cardinal rule when building it; less weight = more free horsepower.
The front and rear bumpers are fiberglass. He went to scrap metal dealers and pulled aluminum sheets out of bin's and band-sawed all types of brackets to use in further efforts to lighten it up. He took his own scale to a speed shop and asked to weigh all the wheels before purchasing the lightest set! Obsessive?
If I remember correctly after all was said and done we took it to a truck scale off of I-5 and it weighed just about 3100 lbs.

It was primered with over-spray all over and he shot the wheels satin black primer,(before the step-mothers husband painted it) this was to give the "sleeper" look he desired. He desired the "gee, look at that beater" before taking pink slips type of approach.

Its all mid 90's hardware, so as I look at it I can find further weight savings with new tech!
AsianBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote