View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #114
Sick5
C10 CLUB Y QUE!

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I looked for those adapter adjusting sleeves but couldn'r find them....I know I've seen them before, and have seen guys on here using them. Maybe one of them will chime in. Seems to me they were a little $$. You might check into the cost on those inner tierods I listed above, plus a pair of stock '73-'87 adjusting sleeves, and see how they compare to the adapter sleeves cost wise.
well i looked every were.i do hope someone can help. im trying to buy this sometime this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivisix View Post
here's what i've found to be the easiest: Early Classic Enterprises has a spindle that works with the stock 64-66 suspension. I've grabbed calipers, booster, master and small parts from a 80 G-20 van. Yard parts=$50. Dropped spindles and 6 lug 1 1/4 rotors+dust caps, bearings, etc small pieces=500. So for $550 I will upgrade everything. If I went to 5 lug I could subtract about 130 from that total of new parts.

Freaking gorgeous pieces from ECE. can't wait to get my spindles. The extra benefit is that they are 12" rotors, not the 10" found in some of the kits. Massive freaking rotors.

I'll post pics of the upgrade when I have all the parts.
sounds good but already bought spindel for 70-87
and i have an assit power steering. which i dont really need to upgrade
that front 84 clip i have need to be overhauled i need to buy every for it
on top of that i still need adapter for the power steering and for the power brake boosterplus..its adding up!
Sick5 is offline   Reply With Quote