View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 01:17 PM   #319
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Ok, I've let the story lag over here. Time to get it caught up.

So, 2018 Desert trip was a blast. First trip with the camper onboard. My buddy Ian rode along again. Target area was the Mojave Road.

A few hours into our 12 hour Cannonball run to Kingman AZ.

Crossing the Colorado River the next day to access the start of the Mojave Rd.

Larry took us as close to the start of the road as we could go near the river. It looked like we cut through some farmer's field.

We had a diverse group as usual. 2 Squarebodies, 2 Tacomas, 2 Rams and a land yacht 2500 longbox Silverado. Good thing the trail we are on, isn't very technical at all.

We crossed the border into CA on dirt and made our way for Ft. Piute and broke for lunch.

That trail off in the distance was the way came in. Long, dusty and full of washboards. thank goodness for the Bilstein shocks I installed.

The trail goes around a mountain that leads up to the opposite end of a gorge that connects to where the we saw the Fort earlier. We were close to the Ft. Piute horse corrals where we camped for night one on the trail.

Excellent views in any direction.

We had to hide in the shade as it was brutally hot that day. We saw 113 degrees earlier.

Stopping at one of the roads landmarks for the penny can tree.

We got to the Mojave Mailbox and had to leave our mark.

We took a side trail to go see the lava tubes and ended up continuing further up that trail to find a campsite and eventually get off the trail.
[/url]

The next morning we would head north off of the Mojave rd and decided to head somewhere else. We kicked around the idea for Death Valley, but we were already over the heat. So the idea was to head on into Nevada and gain elevation heading to the AZ strip and the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Little did we know what we would be in for.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote