View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 02:23 PM   #321
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

The next day we pushed back out and headed out on another 80+ miles of dirt roads to head out towords Lake Powell. Some of the CA people headed back home as we were going further away, while we were heading in the direction of home.

Our tribe is down to three trucks now. We've staked out a spot below a huge rock monolith well above the waterline.

It was during the setup in the sand I managed to snap another front u-joint.

That night we were visited by the local meth dealer who was camping in a tent down by the waterline. We watched her stuff her Subaru into deep sand and ask for help from us to help pull her out Our trucks were all leveled out and in camp mode so we weren't moving, besides her crappy attitude was a put off to any of us wanting to help her. We watched her get pulled out by somebody and she proceeded to do the same thing again and come ask for help a second time. At this point we were cooking dinner and she's asking to join in and maybe buy some goods from her. I polietly decline for the group and she starts tossing insults at me, so I get pissed and make it be known she's not welcome and to get the hell out of here. (mind you that's the cleaned up version, LOL)

From there the next day we boogied home since my u-joint is busted.

First trip with the camper was great, but it was pretty obvious improvements could be made for easy organization and set up.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote