View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 11:27 PM   #388
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

The booster and master cylinder can be purchased at your local auto parts store. However if you do not have the means (or know someone that does) to lengthen the booster pushrod, you will have to purchase one of the aftermarket universal boosters. With a drum/drum brake system, you do not want nor need a combination valve. All of the power brake conversion kits I have seen from the big name parts suppliers are for either disc/drum or disc/disc braking systems. And what they are selling is a universal booster with universal booster brackets that require you to drill holes to bolt it up. And then it is not really securely attached to the pedal bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasontheBeaver View Post
So I would need a master cylinder and booster from this page correct?
If I buy that setup then I would also need to find a proportioning/combination valve to route the two lines coming out of the new cylinder, correct?
The previous kit I linked included a combination valve, this one does not.
I've tried researching this prior to asking potentially dumb and/or repeated questions but there are myriad paths.
I just want as close to bolt-on as possible. I understand there will be rerouting of the lines, but I do not have the ability to do any welding or fabrication.
I appreciate your help man!
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote