View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 12:14 AM   #390
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

Yes you can simply buy the booster and master locally. You can buy a universal brake booster pushrod, but you do not have to. If you know someone that can weld or thread, the booster pushrod and your original pushrod can be cut to length and joined together by either welding or threading and using a coupling nut.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=564518

It really is a good idea to split your brake lines and convert to a dual reservoir master cylinder. That is a much safer design. There are a thread or two here all about how to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasontheBeaver View Post
Ok so in summary...
I go to the Napa store across the street and order a master cylinder and booster for a '67 c10 pickup, and I also order one of your brackets.
I'll also need to order a universal push rod because my existing rod is too short (lol).
Does the new cylinder have one outlet port like mine? If so then it's just a matter of running a new line from the port to my tee.
If the cylinder has 2 outlet ports then I'm assuming I remove the tee and run 2 new lines to connect to my existing ones.
Am I on the right track here?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote