View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
focusedontheprize

Re: 1949 Chevy 3100 - the journey begins

So we are getting caught up:

I began working on the front end parts. I have a 4" dropped axle from Sid's that I am putting in, however I also wanted to remove two of the leafs also. I love that flap disk on my 4.5" grinder. It does a hell of a job cleaning. I cleaned up the right side (you can see the 2 leafs I am removing, the left side is basically what they had looked like)....

Right now these have POR15 (didn't grab a photo). I plan on painting them flat back, putting Poly-liner in between them, and re-assembling them. That will happen to all four of them.

In addition, one of my spindles were shot so I needed a new one. Beanyard was a huge help with this. I would recommend if you are looking for any parts - contact him first. He was great to work with. The spindle on the left he sent me for a great price and it was sandblasted when I received it - I HIGHLY recommend contacting him if you need parts. I sandblasted the other spindle and steering components. This still need to be taped for the tie rod ends, but once they are done - POR15 and paint.

focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote