View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 02:52 PM   #8
Joe Pass

Re: Rear axle flip on 56 TF

Quote:
Originally Posted by one wing angel View Post
Hey gentlemen, thanks for the replies. You know, Joe, I hadn,t given any consideration to the possibility of the pumpkin hitting the bed floor, thanks for pointing that out. Just another thing to consider .
Apart from the slightly improved ride quality that Rapid49 stated, do you see that this will effect the overall clearance.
From what I have figured, I will end up pretty much like you did joe, with 2-3 inches clearance with an empty bed. I do plan a small c notch for axle clearance , but am now concerned more with bed floor interference Also will be removing at least one leaf to soften the ride
By the way, very nice truck, sits just the way I like".........
I did remove one leaf but forgot to mention it......You could always do a C notch and deal with the bed later. I'm splitting hairs between clearance but my ride quality is great....the truck handles very well with the set up I have. I would have to raise the bed floor to go any lower, but I won't. I build my trucks as low as I can go without severe mods like air bags and raised floors...And the rear tires are 255/70/15 on an 8" rim..
Love to see what you decide to do
Joe
Joe Pass is offline   Reply With Quote