Thread: 327 vs 350
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #23
cr34t3d_by_d4rkd3n
Account Suspended

Re: 327 vs 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumran View Post
There is a lot more to the question than the number. The 302, 327 and 350 all have 4" bores. The stroke length is what changes the displacement. Generally, shorter stroke will will be quicker. Longer will have more horsepower. Although either can be good, 350 is probably better for our trucks and is more common. If I was building a light car for the drag strip the 327 or 302 might get preference.

Spend your money (and you can spend a lot) on heads, carb, intake, exhaust. That is where the magic happens. With the right stuff bolted on, either of the motors can make gobs of power. By the way, I choose option "C". I am keeping the 305. It is limited but more than enough for my needs. Most of the bolt-ons will move from the 305 to the other motors.
Wow okay. Wrong. Shorter stroke= faster reving higher reving and more hp. Longer stroke = more torq slower rev. And cannot rev as high. Ford came out with the302. When chevy losts sales they made the 327 as a filler motor it was made fast under thought out and sloppy. Then ford made the 351 and chevy responded with the improved 327 and called it a 327ho. High output. It was a flop. Chevy finally then made the 350 and did it right besides the heads. The heads r the same as a 327but have smaller valves. This is why people use a 350 with 327 heads. Get a 350 man. Thy r everywhere and easy to find parta for.
Posted via Mobile Device
cr34t3d_by_d4rkd3n is offline   Reply With Quote