View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #92
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

I got more progress done on the blazer this week. I was hoping to get alot knocked out but now I am working in areas that are very rusty and in cramped areas. I only got about a third of what I thought I would done; oh well at least I made some progress. Of course I thought the only patch panels that I had left to buy was the drivers side rocker box, but I have now discovered I also need to buy a few obscure blazer only panels that should help to take another couple of hundred bucks out of the blazer fund!

I started right where I left off with the kick panel. Since it was already cut out and ready to go in I was able to knock it out quickly. The kick panel with the patch still missing. Sorry for the blurry pic.

A view of the kick panel patch tacked in with the still missing door pillar patch.

Interior shot of the repaired outer floor and kick panel. (Note still some rot in the toe board that will be repaired)

After getting the kick panel into place I went ahead and attatched the lower door pillar patch. Since I had already fit it the last time I was out this task also went quickly. I still have the front two bolt holes to drill, but will do that when I take the last of the rocker box off.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry

Last edited by 1956cameo; 03-10-2010 at 10:31 AM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote