View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
jlolson

Re: Rear brakes locking up

"flex lines theory"

So I did replace the flex line and the hard lines on the rear axle. That bridge has already been crossed. Zero change in the symptoms I described. FYI the LMC pre-bent rear brake lines are worthless, if they were designed to fit my truck you could have fooled me. They don't look anything like what I removed, were over 1.5 feet too long, and had weird useless bends. The tee fitting was equivalently useless as it has no mounting hole and doesn't match up with the stock bracket

"Axle Grease Theory"

Although I did clean the rear drum thoroughly and I have re-cleaned them multiple times the advice to switch the shoes to the other side is a good idea which I think I'll try. The rear drum was a mess and if it is truly that sensitive to residual grease I'll give it a try.

I should mention that I'm not convinced it's just the one side. The pedal seems hard as a rock ever since I did the brakes and since I can only drive the thing a very short distance before it starts locking up the rear it may just be initial adjustment that is responsible for only one side locking up. Either way switching shoes from side-to-side should help diagnose this issue.
jlolson is offline   Reply With Quote