View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 12:14 AM   #51
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Ran into a problem driving to my Dad's house on Friday. As soon as I got on the interstate it started coughing and sputtering. I pulled over and found that I wasn't getting fuel to the carb again. I had my wife tow me to the next exit to get it off of the Interstate while I ran home to get my truck and trailer. After I finally got to my Dad's house it was getting dark so we unpacked a few parts and decided to get after it early the next morning.

Two of my buddies came over to help yesterday. It went slower than I was hoping, but fighting to take 44 year old parts apart sometimes is a pain. We got most of the front end done. Still need to finish greasing the new components and double check tightness and cotter pins and install the sway bar and brackets. I wanted to get the front on the ground so that my volunteers had something to see before they went home, so we threw on the front wheels and tires and dropped it down. I LIKE IT! The front end should be very tight now as every bushing, ball-joint, tie-rod, etc. is new. The components that were removed were worse off than I thought they would be, even though it felt pretty tight while driving it.

It will camp out at my Dad's house until I can get back to it as I ran out of time to get it all done. At least I have some progress made though.

These are the only pics that I am willing to share right now.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 07-29-2017 at 09:35 PM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote