View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Got Me some Camel Humps!!

1. Assuming your engine has the stock style dished pistons, the smaller 64cc combustion chambers will bump your compression to aprox 9.0-1 No you do not want to use 2 head gaskets. If anything I would use the thinner rubber coated steel shim head gasket, for a slight bump in compression. When you have those heads rebuilt, be sure they true up the head gasket surface.

2. A factory '85 intake will bolt up to those heads. But an Edelbrock carb will not be a direct bolt on. You will need an adapter for that. I would recommend shopping around for a good used aluminum intake. The temperature sensor can mount in the intake. You could even install a 'tee' fitting in the heater hose connection to the intake.

3. What cam depends on your intended usage of the truck, whether you have an auto trans or a manual. With a basically stock engine, you don't want to go very big on a cam. I wouldn't go much bigger than say a Summit #1103 or comparable cam.

4.To move the alternator to the drivers side, you will of course need the short water pump, the correct pulleys, alternator brackets, and belt. If you have or are planning on power steering, you will need a pump, pulleys and brackets for a '72 and older truck, or a '68 and older car.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote