View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #39
TheWhiteElephant
God is good!

Re: 1973 K20 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkegek View Post
WOW! really good job for just being in the driveway and not the garage.

couple question for ya:
- did you put anything under the car when cleaning the engine of grease? because otherwise you would sting the street like hell?

- what do you mean by "intake heater hose fitting"? I am pretty newby, sorry.

When temperatures go up again (right now it is freezing at night) I want to take up cleaning the engine too. Right now the greese nicely protects it from all the salt they are gonna put on the roads when snow or frost comes along! terrible for corrosion of my car.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I really made a HUGE mess for about 3 days straight. All the grease fell on the driveway, rolled onto the street, and effectively drained into the drain on the street. (not proud of that, by the way, but it had to go somewhere)

A buddy loaned me a very strong pressure washer, so I'm going to tackle my driveway as soon as I get the truck rolling again. I don't want to leave any stains on my relatively clean driveway. The fitting on the intake is the one to the left of the glass fuel filter in the picture above. The heater hose from the firewall goes into it. The original fitting was very rusty so I needed to replace it.

The nice thing about South Texas weather is that you can work on your vehicles year round. Right now the weather is perfect. Only bad thing is it gets dark by 6 pm, but that's ok.

"It takes a smart man to know when he's stupid." -- Barney Rubble

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430367

Last edited by TheWhiteElephant; 11-18-2010 at 11:18 PM.
TheWhiteElephant is offline   Reply With Quote