View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #20
jeffro2

Re: 67-72 4x4 Scaratchbuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71K20chevy View Post
Tell me about it! I build model cars, and I've pretty much given up on them because it's just far too stressful for someone like me...

Also, it never ceases to amaze me how realistic these RC parts are.

My apologies for such a slow response. I do appreciate your comments, Thank you.

I have all my models I built in 75 and 76. I used to love to build them, but then I found this side of the RC hobby, where they are bigger, and I can build and drive them.

The parts for these trucks have really become amazing at how close they resemble their full size counter parts. Its just crazy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally have a little to show, I was able to shoe horn the 3-spd into the frame, I just had to clock it a little, to get my clearence on my front drive shaft. I also had to clock the T-case a little more then I wanted, but it was that or spend more money on a different trans and I didn't want to do that.

This is the chassis layout, now I have to get back to sanding the body.. ick !!

In these pics, I've started painting the shocks ( left over habit from my model building days ) and the other shiny stuff, I don't like shiny aluminum on my trucks..

jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote