View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 11:31 PM   #58
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Right now only half of the threads are being used to hold the inner tie rod on. That's good enough for mock up, but not road worthy.

Made another run to the you pull it in Sioux city today. Sunroof got broken on my son's accord. Sucks I have to change it but it was a good excuse to see what all I could find.

I picked up a transmission cooler from a suburban for $13 that I noticed when I got home is the same as what's on my 99 K2500. Should help keep temps down. I don't have the budget for the 4L80 right away do I need to help the 700r4 as much as I can.

The master cylinder is from an 02 Silverado. I chose that one for a couple reasons. First off, it fits the S10 brake booster, and second it has a huge reservoir and a low level sensor. Both of those are good because it will be under the floor and not the easiest to check.

I also picked up a set of Dart iron heads for the 400. I have a set of camelbacks I was going to run for the classic look. Down side is they need a full rebuild. Best estimate I got was about 600 bucks plus valves and springs. Was cruising Facebook and found a set of complete 180cc iron eagles for 475 shipped. Ran one season on a modified. For the money I couldn't pass them up. Plus it would have taken a lot of porting to get the camelbacks to flow as good.

Also scored some wheels.

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote