Thread: TF AC decisions
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 10:29 PM   #12
nail pounder

Re: TF AC decisions

I hear ya MartinSr and you're probably right, but I'm with Orge on this one. I want to be comfortable no matter what time of year. In my 66 C20, the heater kicks butt, but I always park it for the summer because 90°-95° is about my comfort threshold. Nothing worse than getting out of the vehicle all sweaty. I plan to make the 58 my daily driver (eventually) so it needs a few bells and whistles. I just pulled the 66 out of the garage a week ago then all of a sudden it hits 98° at the coast and 104° at my house. It's cooling down now but it is back in the garage, maybe try it again this week. The 58 is a long ways from done but I'm checking things of my priority list. Motor/trans & brakes done last winter. I just finished installing my Sid's drop axel and pulled a few leaves out of the rear. A/C is next, stripping paint is an ongoing project but doesn't cost money. Polishing my new used slot mags and getting some meaty tires is towards the bottom since the tires I have are still good. I got way off track here but point is the Apache will have AC. Thanks for the responses. Sounds like vintage is the favorite choice around here.
nail pounder is offline   Reply With Quote