View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 01:11 AM   #1
56hotrodred

dual electric fans question(s)

In an attempt to complete my mockup of everything in front of the motor I am now looking at cooling fans. As said I already have the VA Front Runner system to bolt on the 350 Ramjet I am planning on getting in the spring. It has the upgraded 170 watt alternator.

I am somewhat limited with room as I really do not want to move the engine back.

I have just spent a considerable amount of time searching fans on this forum and on the inter-web. As usual there is lots of conflicting information.

My question is: Using the US Radiator copper 4 core high efficiency crossflow rad how many CFM's of air do I need to keep things cool?

The Flex-a Lite low profile fans that I am looking at are 2 5/8 inches thick and will fit nicely. They are rated at ca. 2500 cfm!

Is 2500 cfm going to be enough to cool the 350 Ramjet?

I live in southwestern Alberta and we might only see a few days approaching 100 degrees above and the climate is quit dry, although last summer was the exception.

Thanks in advance for again sharing your knowledge on this and the many other challenges that I am facing.
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote