View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 01:06 PM   #870
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Saturday I took the truck out on a road where I was able to get it up to around 65MPH for about a 30+ mile round trip. It handled pretty well, but I've decided to try removing the passenger side stabilizer - haven't driven again to test that yet.

Main problem this trip was wind noise coming past my new door weatherstripping and/or the new window rubber. Couldn't tell whether or not I was getting any other undesired noises. I'll have to do the trick where I tape it all up and start removing pieces until the noise returns. Also, at the halfway point I pulled into a station and cut the engine for a few minutes. It didn't want to start - very sluggish turning over. Then the same when I got it back home. Think I'm going to put in a new battery for starters. I'm using an optima I got 6+ years ago. It sat on a shelf for 3-4 years (after I decided to tear the truck all the way down), then was used in the wife's Tahoe for a couple more. I "think" I swapped it out of her truck because it was getting weak. Smells like the truck is running a little rich still, and a guestimate of my mileage on the 30 mile trip is in the neighborhood of 7 MPG - the guage is down a quarter tank and the tank is 16 gallons.

I expected that there would be bugs to work out when I got this project done, but I'll guarantee that in the years I did software development I never had this many bugs to deal with when the code development was done

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote