View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 04:21 PM   #4
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Lightbulb

You can try what gldevall sugested but another shop will probably tell you the same thing.

In '85 i lowered my '85 stepper this way only because droped spindles wern't out yet and the kit i got gave you longer bolts for the upper control arms and a 1/2" thick spacer and i had to cut a few coils off my factory spring's that was considered a front drop kit back then. cuz droped springs wern't around then either anyway's you have to move the upper control arm back outward's to compensate for the shorter spring and bring the suspsnsion geometry as close to the factory spec's as possible that's why the aligment dude told you he cant install any more shim's.

This is a very crude way of lowering and i wouldn't reccomend it at all. Most people use a droped spring with a droped spindle. And not by it's self and never encounter this problem.

I know you may not be able to afford spindles but that's what you really need to do to fix the truck.

Another thing when i had my '85 lowered that way i was going thru lower A-frames like crazy due to the suspension not being able to clear manhole cover's.

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote