View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #66
CSHADES

Re: Rebuilding my 1977 plow truck

thought I would update. MTCK wanted to know at the beginning of the thread if I got the truck finished before it was time to plow snow. The answer is yes and no. I did get it done enough to use it for plowing but it is not finished yet. I still have the headliner and map pockets to install in the inside, they came back from the upholstery guy a few weeks ago just haven't had time yet. Will take a few pics of them before and after installation. I also have the trim to polish and install on the outside. The first pic is the truck on Sunday after thanksgiving, our first real snow of the season. The second pic is the second or third snow after plowing. It has had a few small bugs to work out. The worst being the fuel tank on the drivers side was the one from the donor truck and it must have some dirt or something in it that has plugged the fuel filter and idle ports in the carb a few times. We have pulled the carb off and cleaned some garbage out of it. I am on about the third tank of fuel on that side and it hasn't gave me any more problems so far.
The pic of the salter also shows the rear bumper that I rebuilt and painted. I think it came out pretty good. Yes I know it still shows Chevrolet on the back. I can not find the small piece of trim for around the tailgate handle that gos in the trim band for the tail gate. It is in the shop some where but I think it is hiding along with the rechromed vent window handles for my '63 Nova that I haven't been able to find for 6 years.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote