View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #46
LukeC10

Re: Best Quality Dash Pad and Emblems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu60 View Post
Never tried the Cheyenne pad, but I did the Dashes Direct one in my truck. It was a huge pain to install - probably had it in/out at least 15 times to trim areas. Even after trimming I had issues with the driver side of the pad wanting to flare way out by the instrument cluster, i ran a big screw through the pad through the sheet metal under it to hold it in place.

I hoped I would never have to remove it again, because I dread trying to put it back on again. The look isn't that bad to me - its not smooth liked the original but its not horrible either.
I just took my new dashes direct metal backed vinyl over foam pad out of the box and it looks great, very little flex with the metal backing, actually like the subtle madrid grain type texture, matches visors and seat cover etc.; however, that left drivers cluster flap concerned me too - it just wants to bow inward, not sure how Im gonna get it to work... I watched LMC's dash installation video and he said he drilled a hole and put a screw in that drivers side flap too and thats a different brand pad, so maybe its common with these aftermarket ones?
LukeC10 is offline   Reply With Quote