View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 11:31 AM   #30
Robertc10

Re: drum to disc brake conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Everything looks original.
Can’t tell about a frame dimple behind the steering box, but I would guess a 68-70 frame due to the location of the rubber brake hose connection point behind the crossmember.
Upper balljoints are original.
I still recommend 63-70 conversion spindles.
I’m guessing someone did a cab swap to this older frame.
I would look at rebuilding the front suspension also.
I'm thinking the same thing. I will try to get some better pics but I wouldn't think drum brake spindles would work with 71-72 tie rods and ball joints if they are different correct me if I am thinking wrong? The truck does have power steering if that makes any difference in determining anything. I thank you for all the help! I have a long way to go I bought a auburn limited slip rear carrier and 373 gears I have to install soon and the trailing are pads/seats on the rear diff housing are about rusted off so I still have plenty to buy. The previous owner already bought rear lowering springs I think 3" but heated the front now I need to determine what springs to buy for the front if I go with the 2.5" drop spindles. I do not really want it slammed just lowered to my liking so I got a lot of figuring to do lol I do have plans of rebuilding the complete front end just buying a few parts at a time as I save the money!
Robertc10 is offline   Reply With Quote