View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 11:46 PM   #106
CarpBlazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
If you want to add a ground, you can use the center lower terminal on the fuel gauge itself. Do you have any issues with any other gauges/lights? Also check the ground screws on the circuit board, one by the fuel gauge and one by the speedo. The cluster gets its ground through the connector and through the circuit board. very common burn spot on the circuit board is near the connector plug in. Make sure the circuit board does not have any burn spots and the grounds are tight. Also if the cluster tins have been painted, it can cause a ground issue between the fuel gauge tin and the main tin.

Check all the 5/16 nuts on the back and make sure all are tight. It sounds like a loose ground or bad connection to me.

Share what you find here please.

Thank you,
Tom
Curious about the common burn spot near the connector on the printed circuit, What could cause that spot to burn out?
Posted via Mobile Device

Edit: reason I ask is that my fuel gauge (71 Blazer) is stuck below empty, I noticed printed Circuit was burned out on ground circuit next to plug in. Replaced circuit and it burnt out again.
Turn signals are also permanently lit..
Grateful for any advice I’m stumped.
Ben

Last edited by CarpBlazer; 02-08-2018 at 12:09 AM. Reason: More info