View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 04:18 AM   #9
GMCPaul

Re: floor pan differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawssie View Post
I was a supporting member for years until it ran out and I quickly read thru the latest memberships and it seemed paying memberships were for venders, I don't want to change this into a membership question, so I will re read thru the packages again.
Well that support being for Bucket seat equipped vehicles makes a lot of sense. When you said you sold a few to people wanting B. seats. were these sourced from salvaged vehicles or is their a source? And I thought about looking for a used floor area since like you said it is a non rusting area and mine isn't all that bad, but when I start something I try to get things moving, but its worth a try and see whats out there.
I also was wondering if anyone has verified that Blazer only floors are now available. I know you can cut the back off a pick up floor, but I was looking at the Woodall Industries catalog and they list a Blazer high hump floor part number A1910-69, and a pick up high hump floor part number A1908-67 although the pictures look identical. I just heaven't found anyone selling the Blazer part number, and Woodall doesn't do retail sales.
The Blazer floor shown on Woodall Industries site is a complete truck floor that never had the rear floor support installed under it at the rear. When you cut off the rear of the truck floor to use it on a Blazer that rear support comes off with the section you cut off so there's no reason to remove it to make it easier to convert since it does not make it easier. On top of that Woodall Industries charges $25.00 more wholesale for the floor advertised as a Blazer floor missing the rear support so you spend more and achieve no benefit from missing support and by not paying for rear support and it's install these actually cost WI less than the floor with brace installed. Makes no since to us... Those doing these conversions may want to save the rear support and floor section they cut off to sell to someone restoring a truck cab and having rear support pre-attached makes it worth more for resale also as a patch panel to the truck cab.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote