View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #28
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Excellent suggestions one and all Chevyrestoguy, thanks. Especially the Honda motorcycle paint. I'll definitely check that out. I have also read here a few times that guys use BBQ paint and it holds up.

Today I took a "mental health day" and played with my toy all day. I changed the oil & filter, dropped the tranny pan and cleaned the screen. Excellent news, the inside was pristinely clean. Fluid was still red and clear. No particles in the screen. Minor sludge at the bottom of the pan. Of course I washed all that out.

I also pulled the tailgate - Man, that gate is arrow straight. only two extremely minor dents, hardly noticeable at all. I can't believe its 55 years old! Feather out all the chips in the paint and got rid of the minor surface rust. I have pictures of all this but don't have my cord so I can't download the pic's til tomorrow. I still need to drain/fill the the rearend. Anyone know how much fluid it takes for a Chevy 10 bolt? I'm planning on using Castrol 90 wt, unless someone thinks there's a good reason to go with something else?
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote