View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #48
rip2174

Re: 83/84 swb stepside long time build

well the past weekend I tried to fix the problems in the photos. Boy did I get my butt kicked on time. I tried to C-lamp the frame issue. NOTHING. next tried to use a couple all threads and there is a heat shield in place effecting where I was trying to bend frame. So I decided to pull cab. BTW 1st for me alone W/O DAD or step-dad to help. I now see where they did an ass ton of up front work! All four cab bolts turned in the cab mount nuts. Was a sinking feeling knowing what was coming next. So I cut first hole in cab and had no success with holding nut while trying to remove bolt. Went to try and Sawzallz the cab bolt and no luck. Have to say it was two's try at 2 hours each and fail. I jammed chisels, punches and even washers to try and keep the nut from turning and nothing. Went to work on Tues and the guys said did you try tack the nut to cab? I went NO, DUH, not sure that will work, but going to try SAT morn. Going to try and get cab off this weekend and start cleaning frame for a paint job.
rip2174 is offline   Reply With Quote