View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 09:01 PM   #12
Psyekl

Re: Chevy P20 Step Van-King Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyekl View Post
I did learn during my seaches that some of these definitely had the 6.0L as an available option (or perhaps the 5.3L was the option?), but I wasn't looking for something that large since I'm going for economy (well, as much as is possible for this type of vehicle) and the 5.3L should have all the power I need.

Thanks for the heads up about vvt and afm, etc.
While doing research I discovered that the engine in the truck is a code 10243880: "96-up 350 cu-in 2 & 4-Bolt Vortec Roller" I was under the impression the engine was much older than this. As long as it's salvageable, I really don't see any real reason to swap it out with anything fancier.

Up until now I've had my leg in a cast, but now I've been able to get to work crawling around and working on it. The frame underneath is simplicity itself: just two straight c-channels, and after pulling out the old interior I discovered that someone used 2x2s to space the roof to increase the headroom.

I'm still open to suggestions for this engine (keep it/swap it out/mods?) at the moment it is equipped with a 4-barrel carb, but I still prefer the idea of fuel injection. Thanks again for any info.
Psyekl is offline   Reply With Quote