View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: 1986 K10 shorty revival

Found a 91 Suburban in the local wrecking yard that donated its front bucket seats and console for my 86 K10 project. I also nabbed the door panel inserts and I plan to trim them to fit the Silverado door panels. The lower door carpet will also be used.

When you opt to put 'Burban buckets in a pickup, you have to make sure you grab the inner seat mounts and I cut a few extra rear bench seat track ends from other donor trucks in the yard so I can cut/weld the correct ends to the bucket seat ones-the Suburban ones angle downward where the truck benchseat angle upwards-this is the only difference in the floors as far as the seats are concerned-then of course you have to add a hole or weld a 10mm nut underneath the floorboard for the inner rear bucket seat track. I also grabbed the bracket that you need for the rear of the console too. The seats were pretty dirty but showed very little wear so i cleaned/scrubbed them with a nylon bristle tire scrubrush using water with a combination of DAWN dishsoap and COMET, then sprayed Blue Coral upholstery cleaner. They turned out almost like new.

I am picky about some things like I wanted the seat pattern to match the door panel inserts so I opted to NOT buy the cheasy bowtie bench seat from a local shop that sells repro truck parts and recovered bench seats. I seen this Suburban in the boneyard and went to town pullin some stuff!

Last edited by gmachinz; 10-28-2012 at 08:08 PM.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote