View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #13
greentruck

Re: LS into a 72 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerowner View Post
I'm thinking I'll swap out to 373s when I'm done with mine. I don't plan to wheel do nothing crazy. Did you move he engine forward? I know the Adv mount is pretty long. I think 4 inches if im not mistaken? I would look at shorty headers. They may give you more clearance. I may go with a set myself. What are your plans for wiring and accessories? I'm considering Holley for both.
I'm going to run 4.10s or 4.56s. RPMs with the 4.56 in OD is still good. I haven't mocked up engine location yet but figure my set up is around 4 to 5" longer than the 350/th350/205 original set up. Im planning on moving the engine forward half the distance and rear cross member back the same. I already planned on new drive shafts. Probably gonna have to extend the 205 shift linkage a bit.
As for accessories, I bought an entire bolt on set up that was designed for these trucks. I don't remember the companies name. It's all still in the box. They had a booth at the turkey run in Daytona. I really liked the way it looked. I'm gonna install it in about two weeks.
As for ECM, trans controller and harness, I'm still debating that one. I'm half way considering this self learning set up so I can also avoid the whole modification/tuner thing. Thinking about this:
http://fitechefi.com/products/ultima...ction-systems/