View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #17
Orange Crate

Re: 1972 k20 4x4 exhaust system

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Mandrel bent and stainless is a lot of hype. You will never notice the "loss in flow" and stainless usually contacts mild steel somewhere. The current aluminized custom built local system I have was done in '04 and the truck runs as good and sounds as good as can be. My camper hauler got a system in '89 and was still on it in '04 when I stopped running it. Isn't 15 years long enough to satisfy?

It's been a while but I want to do something different this summer with exhaust. I used Tire Mart in Frederick, MD last time. I need to check who is doing exhaust now. There are exhaust shops all over. There is a guy in the area that does custom mandrel bent systems, but very very expensive. I have a Bartens bumper, a swing down spare carrier, and hitch bracing. I had them dump it out the rear quarter under the bumper

72 K2500 Going To Work - YouTube
Come on Tim, stainless is what I want, I'm not asking how to build an exhaust system I'm asking you to give up the names of the shops you mentioned in this post. Tire Mart, that's your custom shop? Who is the very, very expensive shop? Mandrel bent will flow better and it isn't hype. Would you put 1" headers on a big block or 1 5/8"? Why not be helpful?