Thread: V8 swap in AD
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 12:34 PM   #61
joedoh

Re: V8 swap in AD

all the stock chevy radiators I have seen have have that lean back bracket.

you are missing a piece at the top of your radiator core support, just a cap that joins the two sides. the core support supported more than the core on these trucks, it also supported all the front sheetmetal with "wings" that go out in the fenders. so it is a complete hoop.

the GMC radiator was actually mounted fully inside of the core support hoop, so it had a different top cap. the gmc engine was longer than the chevy and would have hit the chevy rad with the fan.

if you havent done an s10 swap you wont need a 19x22 radiator, you can use a much taller one. generally, later sbc are set up to have the upper hose on the drivers side and the lower hose on the passenger side, but one like you show would work too. I like side tank rads better than top tank rads, easier to burp and run a recovery system in my opinion.

it is hard to find a rad that is narrow like the core support, modern side tank rads are usually just slightly too wide, like the C4 corvette rad, or the late model v8 explorer radiator, they are 23-24" wide and there just isnt room in the core support. so top tank tall rads are about all you can do.

moving the engine back a little might give you a little more room up front but probably not enough.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote