Thread: V8 swap in AD
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:10 AM   #76
mr48chev

Re: V8 swap in AD

Well I am seeing too many photos and assumed BMac's photo was your truck as I didn't read who posted it.
One gets in trouble when he assumes.

first time I put a V8 in my 48 we pulled the worn out 194 Chevy II six out, swapped the flywheel and clutch to the 283 and stabbed it right back in and my buddy built mounts. We did the whole swap on a weekend and I drove it to school and work on Monday. JD was a total maniac when it came to engine swaps though. The only problem with the fan was that it was real low on the radiator and I had to run a smaller fan than I wanted to. Last time was when I subframed it and put the 350 in it. Had about 1/2 inch clearance between the stock firewall and the turbo 400. I believe I ran a short pump on it then too.

I know you are trying to show specific items in your photos but it is hard to see all of what you are up against, where the engine is located front to back in the engine compartment and how high it sits in the frame.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote