View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #19
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

HUNTER'S 1978 GMC C15 SIERRA BUILD THREAD

The last drive I recall taking in my truck was with my labrador, I think she turns about 13 this year. She loves to ride but she's just too hairy to put in the other cars, my truck was the perfect candidate for her to ride!

Pic #2 is a picture I intended to show earlier when installing the NV3500 but forgot to. I thought now was an opportune time.

Blue got parked and hasn't left since. The plan was to pull the engine out, reseal it and get it pretty and drop it back in with the tremec. Simple process. No big deal.

This took a couple of weeks, we got really busy. Not to mention that I got a phonecall and ended up with a puppy, not sure how that happened but he has been an awesome dog!!

We pulled off the shiny parts and my nice hedmans and yanked it out with a rental hoist. We had to take the front bumper off in order for the chain to get anywhere near the engine.. this is what started the monster mess.

YIKES! Look at the clutch disc! Somebody was either rough on the clutch or it's original. The engine is rebuilt so I'm not sure which! It wasn't me!!
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote