View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 06:50 AM   #3952
mick53

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DransportGarage View Post
My glass man was here again yesterday with a new, softer gasket. He's a street rodder, and started doing glass installations at his dad's glass shop when he was 12. He's 75 now, so he has a little experience.

This was our third attempt to install the windshield. This time we spent another 2 hours pushing and beating on the windshield, but it's not going in. We had it nicely soaped up too, with a slimy hand cleaner. (No sealant until we knew it would fit, which it didn't.) We thought we were going to be able to horse it in, but it kicked our you-know-whats. I'll be calling the vendor on Monday to see what he says, but previous conversations have not been encouraging.

The first picture is to the driver's left, looking straight down. The second is from the passenger side. You can see the steering wheel through the glass. The glass is supposed to cover that pinch weld. Both lower corners are in as far as they will go, and the glass is touching near the rear view inside mirror. We shouldn't have even been messing with this POS.
That's crazy. I guess they can't blame the installer. This makes me glad I have flat glass, good luck.
mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote