View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #8
jocko

Re: Disc Brake Conversion for my 67' C10 LWB

and wheels (?) (converting 6 to 5 lug) Maybe he'll throw some wheels in with the bargain??

I'm just spit-ballin' here, but by the time you spend $200 on the used stub, then buy the Disk/Drum mc (what about a booster?), brake lines, adapters, etc that you mention you'll need in the post above - (and wheels?) - well, won't you be close to buying a brand new 6 lug disk conversion kit? Probably not THAT much, but something to consider since you're not getting all the freebie parts along with the stub like master cylinder, etc and will need new wheels (unless you already have some 5 lugs layin around). And if it's been laying around outside for 5 years, I'd imagine the disks are pretty much rust piles by now - so throw those in too while you're at it. Maybe the calipers won't be frozen.

I don't want to poop in the punch bowl, but seems if you're basing your choice on opportunity of a local stub and saving some $, there are a few other considerations that haven't been discussed. Just a thought, I could be way off base, but these are questions I'd be asking myself, so thought I'd share. Either way you decide to go, it will be a very worthwhile upgrade.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote