View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
88lowrider

Cool Re: HELP, Broke down Again !!!

Thanks guys.
First thing I check was all the fuses and was not able to get power to run the fuel pump until I put a jumper around the Fuel Pump Relay..

Now that I let everything cool down, it started with the FPR hooked back up, like Nothing was wrong???

Does anyone know if the Distributor module is bad that it shuts off the fuel pump circuit ?

Reason I ask this is now that I think about it more, its never acted up until after its been running for awhile.
I was able to move it around the farm, hooking to trailers, moving them but just short running times.

I called the parts store and told them I needed more prices on other parts as replacing the ECM did not fix the problem.
He asked me, how many miles and have I ever replaced the distributor module on it.
After saying no, he said pull it, bring it in and they can test it. He told me its a big seller and they always stock several of them.

Again, the big question would be, can the distributor module not working cause the fuel pump circuit to fail?

The thing that is making me nuts is it "won't" stay broken as to find it.

Now that this truck is a high miler, makes me think I need to get my tail to GMC and purchase the "real" service manual for it.

Thanks again for your help guys...
88lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote