View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #14
88lowrider

Re: HELP, Broke down Again !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
If you put in an original equipment GM pump two years ago it should still be good.

If you used an aftermarket replacement pump, like some of them they sell at the local NAPA, that could be what is failing judging by what I have seen.
I sure hope not as this truck is slammed real hard to the ground.
I did that before we moved to the farm we have now so its a pain. It has a 6" drop which means when there is a flat, your on iron.

Nevertheless, it came from Napa and I Do remember having a choice of getting a cheap one or the better one, I chose the better.

No real driveway, just gravel to jack it up to get under it to drop the tank.

The distributor module did test bad on the low side?? so I did replace that with the better one from Napa.
Closest chev dealer is about 80 miles away from me so I have been using Napa.

I guess I will know more as I am about to head to work with the truck so we will see.

One thing I did notice is the time in between stalls is getting closer and closer.
Another thing I did was use the hole saw to put two holes in front of the air dam as to get a tow chain in on each frame horn to at least pull her alone the side of the road if I need too. I am old school, old line mechanic from the early 80's so all this stuff is new to me.
With the 700r, no faster than 35mph being towed with the wheels on the ground?

Thanks again...
Joe

Last edited by 88lowrider; 04-04-2008 at 06:38 PM.
88lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote