View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Jemo

GM wiring puzzle in Mini Cooper

Always seeking a new challenge but think I'm over my head on this one. I finished my '59 Fleet, now I'm restoring an old Mini Cooper and it's 90% finished. All that's left to do is the wiring. I have the engine, grounds, and battery wired. For the body I used an EZ wiring harness because I've heard the Lucas wiring is a nightmare. I have the body wired for the most part. The only Mini wiring I'm using is for the column because I want to use the Mini column and switches but marrying these to the EZ harness is a challenge. These cars came with the wipers, horn, turn signals, and dimmer switch in the column. The headlights and hazards are switched off a rocker panel above the shifter. Taillights and brake lights are separate.

What's remaining? I basically have EZ wires for Hazard, Horn, Turn Flasher, Dimmer Power, and Headlight Power plus the traditional GM column harness: stop light, turn signals, turn flasher, flasher, and horn.

Just need to figure out how they match to the Mini. I have the pins for the Mini switches. I know this is so outside the trucks we have but I'm lost. I have all types of diagrams and such. I'm just missing the key part, a brain!

Circuits to complete: headlight, dimmer, hazards, turn signals, and horn

Thanks so much.

Jeff