View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
Jemo

Re: GM wiring puzzle in Mini Cooper

Right, I don't see a horn relay on the diagram either.

About the dome light, yeh I don't believe you can turn them on through the headlight switch like a GM. It just has an OFF/ON/DOOR switch on the actual light from what I remember. The dome light is #26. 36 = Brake Failure Light Test Switch which is one of the rocker switches next to the headlight, hazard, and fog light switch. I think it monitors brake fluid levels since it had a single reservoir MC.

The LG/BR wire coming off the hazard switch winds its way over to the indicator lights?!

Does the fact that the Mini used a headlight relay mean that I should add one because it will be too much for the switch?

About the wiper switch, can you explain more? 45 just above it is the Heater Switch! It's also on the same panel as the rocker switches (headlight, hazard, etc) and it looks kind of like an old choke cable. I guess you pulled it in or out to turn on. Weird, isn't it!

About the turn signals though, since they are separate from the brake lights, do you now think that splicing front and rear together will not cause me to have front and rear brake lights?

Last night I ordered a new hazard and headlight switch. I also ordered the plug that goes into the back. I had to order it from England so it will probably take a week to 10 days to get here.

I'll test continuity at the switches as you said but I honestly haven't done that before. I found a video on youtube - doesn't seem too complicated because I do have a voltmeter. I guess I'll figure it out.