View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #20
Psycho71

Re: 1969 gas tank relocation

While we're on the subject here.

Is anyone else having starvation issues with the rear blazer tank relocation? I did this on mine a while back, and since then have noticed the fuel filter will not completely fill up. It always just has a little gas in it.

With my Holley carb, it never was an issue. But right before I tore my truck apart, I replaced the holley with a q-jet (just to see if it made a difference on mileage, yes but small) and it will starve at about 4000rpm in second gear. I mean it'll fall on it's face and stumble until I let off, then it'll go again. I'm assuming at this point it's because the q-jet doesn't have the storage capacity that the holley does (bowls). But then, there have been a few times with the holley that I have done WOT runs for over two miles (don't tell DPS, lol) with the holley, and no starving there either. I'd think in that distance it would use up what's in the bowls. And it never starves when driving normally with either carb.

FYI, My fuel filter is before the new stock mech. pump. I ran all new 3/8 steel lines from the tank to the pump. Vent is good/open. All seems to be in good working order.

Any ideas?

I'm seriously considering installing an electric pump under the truck since the mech pump is actually above the fuel level of the tank. I know this will fix it, just curious if anyone else has this issue.

Jay

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote