View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Question Brake bleeding trouble... still

Some of you may recall my other thread from a few days ago: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=527289

Still have a soft pedal and getting air in the rear lines, but now have more info. The MC seems good -- with the rear line disconnected, the pedal is nice & firm. Hook up the rear line and the pedal goes soft about 1/2 way to the floor.

This tells me the problem is in the rear brake lines, which I did nothing with when installing the new rear brake shoes. Trapped air? I have literally pumped several 12-ounce cans of fluid (several hundred brake-pedal strokes) through the rear bleeders with no change -- still get lots of air bubbles coming out with the fluid.

I have tried teflon tape on the bleeder threads to help insure no air is drawn in past the threads. And I got a bleeder hose with a one-way check valve so I can pump the pedal continuously without opening & closing the bleeder valves.

Still no joy. I'm about ready to take it to a shop and have it power-bled, but I just hate to. This is a simple system and I should be able to bleed it.

Anyone got any new ideas?

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote