View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #25
68shortfleet

Re: Brake bleeding trouble... still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Spent hours yesterday gravity bleeding (drip, drip, drip) and didn't notice any bubbles coming out but it's such a slooooww process.... and afterwards, the pedal was still soft. Bled again by pumping the pedal and cracking the bleeders and still got lots of air.

This morning I installed the 2nd new MC (bench bled very thoroughly), still getting lots of air from the rear bleeders after pouring a few more cans of fluid through the system. Crawled underneath with a flashlight looking for any sign of leaks or damage -- nothing. Remember I never touched the rear lines beyond the prop. valve, and I replaced the rear shoes but not the wheel cylinders.

I have made no progress at all so I'm headed out now to talk with a shop or two. Just have to get the truck there with no rear brakes, and I mean none at all. With the pedal held down firmly, I can rotate both rear drums easily by hand. At least the parking brake works....
I have ran into this air problem before on a truck when the piston pins did not get installed into the brake shoes correctly.

Sucks pulling 3/4 drums back off, but maybe a picture of each side would show something that got missed?
68shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote