View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #27
Ekliptix

Re: My 4/6" ECE lowering install thread - 72 Shorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool18 View Post
how tall are your rear springs?
New ECE ones about 8.5" before any miles. The ones it had on, about 10". I hope I get more then a 1.5" drop in the rear!

Got some more progress made tonight, after picking up a grinder for the passenger side upper shock mount. It was easier and I got a few sparks in my hair . Both upper shock mounts are both now off but one of the rivets is stuck in the hole even after some pounding at it. I'll take the grinder back to it tomorrow evening.

Wedge cut out of the remaining upper shock mount to allow access for the grinder wheel to the rivet.

After grinding. It's actually the left rivet in the photo that is stuck in the hole after removing the bracket. Not for long though.

One of two upper shock mounts installed.

After removing one of the rear springs, I realized ECE didn't provide the torque specs for installing the new springs. I'll get in touch with them. U bolt and lower shock mount removed on the driver side. Thanks for the tip on using the bolt loosening spray in advance. It seems to be helping.

Removed the rear panhard bar too in preparation for the ECE super track bar.

Pan/track bars shown (old short, new long) with new bracket to go on passenger side.

2 tools I need to get: Deep 1-1/16 socket for the rear ubolt nuts. A second 3/4" wrench for the top rear spring bolt head in the frame rail. I got it done without these tools, but they'll make the same on the passenger side easier.

Things should move pretty well now that the upper shock mounts are 99% done.

Last edited by Ekliptix; 01-21-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Ekliptix is offline   Reply With Quote