View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 11:09 PM   #47
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: My 4/6" ECE lowering install thread - 72 Shorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekliptix View Post
I'm not opposed to a small rake. jmking9, with this kit, mentioned he installed a c notch because the axle was hitting the frame but he also said he has crappy roads. I have not hear of others with this issue from what I read. The rear spacer is a good option though.
There *are* a lot of variables. I guess just as many as there are trucks to go with suspensions.

But I thought I'd chime in here with pre-paint (with stats) and post-paint stance shots of RAT since she uses the ECE kit with 2.5"
drop spindles and 2" drop springs in front, and 6" drop coils in the back.

FWIW, I have about 1-3/8" before the stock sized bump-stops hit the axle. Even though I'm not hitting...haven't yet, anyway, I inquired
of the boyz at ECE re: the wisdom of a c-notch install. They know me and my driving/truck-use habits and said no need. If I *did hit*,
next step would be to trim the stops down. They weren't saying a c-notch was a bad idea...Just that they didn't think *I* needed one.

The second shot is rough-grained photography, but it's the only clear shot of the stance I have on a truly level surface.

Other than the exact same suspension kit (I forgot whether or not you're using their front anti-sway bar), we're probably still "apples and
oranges", here.

You are running 15" wheels, right? Mine are 20's. Might be the same overall diameter with tires, but likely not.
Attached Images

But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote