View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 03:09 PM   #41
atog

Re: Newbie, Buying my first. 72 GMC K20

Awesome find there young man! That's looks to be a true untouched original diamond in the rough. With the looks of the engine compartment with original shroud, upper radiator tube, air cleaner and ect I would say it's original. You do as you see fit, as it is your truck and I'm sure you worked hard and are excited to get your new treasure home. Try to get as much documentation as possible from previous owner especially if he bought it new. If he is the original owner ask him if he has old sales receipts or any parts he has purchased for or taken off the vehicle. You make be surprised at what he will give you or tell you about his soon to be departed love. Also if the title is original take pictures of it in case the title office issues you a new one this way you at least have pics for your photo album of your build. Verify the title to vin plate on cab and also the numbers stamped on top of frame by power steering pump. Just a little food for thought kept all parts you take off and DO NOT GET RID OFF ANYTHING ORIGINAL OFF THE VEHICE. You will regret it later and a lot off these parts are hard to find and extremely valuable. Take a lot of pics if vehicle when picking up of its original environment to save. I have always gotten excited about bringing these gems back to life Good luck in your new build and if you have any questions you are in the perfect place here on the forum to ask them. There are slot of knowledgeable people on here that are always willing to help
atog is offline   Reply With Quote